What makes Footprints Foster Care different?
As well as all the usual benefits, we are proud to offer a support service that is personal to you. You will be supported by well qualified, experienced social workers who know you and your family circumstances well.
This means you will never have to explain your situation over the phone to a ‘stranger’. It also means we can better match a child to fit in with your family lifestyle and experience. We will never put pressure on you to look after a child you feel unable to manage.
We know fostering can be hard and we feel that it is vital to get the support right by listening to you and making changes from your feedback to ensure our service is providing you with what you want. We recognise foster carers develop skills through knowledge and experience and therefore, we provide opportunities for foster carers to take on additional tasks such as mentoring other carers, being involved with training and organising social events.
- Ongoing 24/7/365 support
- Excellent financial rewards
- Festival and birthday allowances
- Membership of FosterTalk
- Regular updates with social worker
- Staff stability for continuity of service
- Knowledge of local resources and services
- Monthly support groups to develop links
- Skills training in key aspects of fostering